Did someone say rhubarb pie was good for the soul?
This Tasty Rhubarb Pie Recipe is a fresher, healthier version that doesnt skip out on great taste.
* 4 cups chopped rhubarb
* 1 1/3 cups white sugar
* 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1. Preheat the oven to 430 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Combine the sugar and the flour.
3. Sprinkle 1/4 of it over pastry in plate.
4. Heap rhubarb over the mixture.
5. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and flour.
6. Dot with small pieces of butter. Cover with top crust.
7. Place pie on lowest rack in oven.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Approximate: Calories: 290 | Total Fat: 9.1g | Cholesterol: 4mg